Professionals can use the core competencies to better understand the foundation of knowledge and expertise required in the unions and activities field.
Specifically, consider the core competencies:
- When developing training programs for graduate students and staff
- For self-reflection regarding skills and opportunities for growth
- During career planning exercises, understanding that senior leaders must have expertise in all competency areas
- As part of job descriptions, to craft consistent roles and responsibilities across the profession
- When determining assessment criteria or conducting evaluation projects