ACUI’s volunteer liaison to the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS) shares their knowledge of the Association and articulates the campus community as a member of the CAS Board of Directors. Through this role, volunteers will develop leadership, assessment, and communication skills through reports to CAS, ACUI leadership, and ACUI members through presentations at the Annual Conference, and written publications.
Reporting to and supported by the director of volunteer and member engagement staff liaison, and serving on the CAS Board of Directors, for a four-year term, the CAS Liaison is responsible for:
- Representing ACUI and college unions/student activities in all deliberations and projects of CAS.
- Providing reports of the CAS initiatives and progress to the Central Office staff and ACUI leadership.
- Developing educational resources to promote CAS initiatives to ACUI members, such as educational sessions at the Annual Conference, Bulletin articles, press releases, website content, and other appropriate medium.
- Serving as a resource to ACUI members as it relates to the usage and initiatives of CAS.
- Serving on CAS committees to review standards and develop resources.
- Attending all required meetings of the CAS Board of Directors, including virtual meetings and one face-to-face meeting, for which expenses are covered by the Association.
At the time of application, individuals must have: employment at a higher education institution; institutional or individual membership; a signed institutional support form; and a commitment to fulfilling the duties of the position for the length of the term. Applicants must also demonstrate an understanding of ACUI’s vision, core values, and core competencies, as well as the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Over the course of the four-year term, volunteers should anticipate approximately 2–4 hours of conference call and project work per month.
Applications are no longer being accepted for this opportunity. for this opportunity will be due December 8. A screening committee made up of the staff liaison and related volunteers will review applications, interview qualified candidates, and make a selection recommendation.