Members and co-chairs are sought to plan the 2018 Collegiate Marketing Institute, a partner program planned in collaboration between ACUI and NIRSA that will occur in late 2018. Based on an agreed upon plan and process with the staff consultants, the committee contributes to the development of all educational components of the event.
At the time of the volunteer commitment, it is expected that members of this committee attend the Collegiate Marketing Institute with institutional or other financial support unless extenuating circumstances prohibit one from doing so during the course of the planning period.
ACUI will appoint one co-chair for a one-year term that will be responsible for:
- Participating in a committee conducted by association staff.
- Working with association staff to create the project schedule.
- Guiding the committee through charges, collaborating on the committee agenda, coordinating and leading committee conference calls.
- Maintaining communication between committee work and association staff, providing periodic updates to association staff.
- Creating subcommittees, as needed, to focus on specific topics.
- Liaising with the association staff to finalize the overall institute schedule.
- Submitting a debrief report after the event.
ACUI will appoint two committee members for a one-year term that will be responsible for:
- Participating in a committee orientation conducted by association staff.
- Developing a presentation proposal topic areas list for the institute call for sessions.
- Making a recommendation to the association staff for the keynote speaker within budget parameters.
- Reviewing presentation proposals and working with the association staff to select educational sessions so that presenters may be notified of proposal status.
- Recruiting and confirming session monitors for each session.
- Attending the event and providing onsite welcome and registration table management.
- Engaging in a debrief meeting to review evaluation, providing feedback to be included in an event report.
At the time of application, individuals must have: employment at a higher education institution; institutional or individual membership; a signed institutional support form; and a commitment to fulfilling the duties of the position for the length of the term.
Applicants must also demonstrate an understanding of ACUI’s vision, core values, and core competencies, as well as knowledge and skills related to the responsibilities of the position.
Serving volunteer positions typically require a commitment of 4–12 months, though this varies by the specific project work of the role. Over the course of the term, volunteers should anticipate approximately 2–4 hours of conference call and project work per month.
Applications are no longer being accepted for this opportunity in 2017. A screening committee made up of the staff liaison and related volunteers will review applications, interview qualified candidates, and make a selection recommendation.